Having black knees and elbows for some women is clearly very disturbing appearance, especially for those who like to use shorts or skirts above the knee. Even according to one study where a number of men were asked about their attractiveness to women, it was concluded that they were very interested in women who had brightly colored knee and elbow skin. This is what often makes some women feel less confident.
What causes black knees?
The knee and elbow are darker than the others because this area is an area of the body that often experiences friction. The following are some of the causes of dark knees and elbows:
- Effects of aging – this condition is usually more common in adults and the elderly. The appearance of dark spots on the knees and elbows associated with aging.
- The presence of friction – In daily activities the elbows and knees often experience friction, this causes darkening of the skin and not even the skin becomes dry.
- Genetic factors – Dark spots on the knees and elbows are a condition that tends to be derived from family factors. If parents or close family members have dark knees and elbows do not rule out the possibility that this is inherited from them.
- Not keeping clean – your knees and elbows should be regularly cleaned every day using skin care products. If not, dark spots and dry skin can appear in other body parts.
- Sun exposure – Use sunscreen protection on your skin if you want to do outdoor activities for a long time. Without protection, your elbows and knees may become more black because of exposure to the sun.
- Dry skin – Dry skin can cause your skin cells to die faster, making dark spots more quickly.
- Other causes – There are a number of other things that can contribute to the formation of dark spots on the elbows and knees including consuming certain drugs, symptoms of certain diseases (obesity, Addison’s syndrome, etc.) hormonal imbalances, and skin hyperpigmentation.
The natural way to brighten black knees
Here are things you can do to help blacken the elbows and knees using natural ingredients:
Lemon is one of the natural ingredients used to even out blackened elbow and knee skin color. The trick is to apply lemon juice to the elbow or knee area, then massage gently and let stand for 10 minutes. After leaving, rinse using warm water. Do this method regularly.
2. Aloe vera
Aloe vera can make your elbow and knee skin soft. The way to use it is, open the skin of the aloe and then apply the inside of the aloe to the rough skin of the elbow and knee. Let stand for 30 minutes then rinse with cold water. Finish by adding a moisturizer or aloe gel.
3. Coconut oil
For rough elbow and knee skin, do a massage in the area with coconut oil, then wash with warm water. After that you immediately rinse your elbow and knee area using warm water, don’t use soap, just dry it by gently tapping using a dry towel.
4. Kefir Milk
Besides being used for elbows and knees, kefir can also be used for facial masks. Its properties can moisturize and brighten skin tone. Add one tablespoon of vinegar and flour to kefir milk and apply to face. Let stand for 15 minutes then run using warm water.
5. Baking soda and milk
Mix baking soda with milk so that the result becomes a thick paste. Then apply on the elbows and your knees that experience darkening then wait for five minutes. Do it regularly to get maximum results.